Who has replaced a pullman mattress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2011
Catalina 42mkII Oceanside
I'd like to hear from Catalina owners who have replaced their pullman mattress, and with what brand/type/material did you replace it? We are live-aboards, so I'm looking for one that will last a long time without having our bodies molded into it. Any advice and direction is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Karie in Oceanside

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
might not qualify for your question but we have a thick topper of novafoam on VBerth and it makes it incredibly comfortable. If I were to replace everything and really go for a "mattress" I would go with a complete Novafoam bed. We were warned that it would be stiff because of the cold and NOT SO, it is fabulous, we love it every weekend! ..and have for 4 years.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 400 WARWICK, RI
I just had mine replaced. Google Riverside Mattress in N Carolina. Mine was an inner spring with pillow top. Shipped to Massachusetts it cost $875.00

Jun 6, 2004
Catalina 38 San Francisco Bay
I got tired of foam mattresses breaking down and getting damp and decided 10 yrs ago to have Handcrafted Mattresses (http://www.boatbeds.com/) build a custom mattress for my Vee-Berth. It was a bit spendy up front but over time it has been worth it. It is still a great bed and I would not hesitate to have them come out and take measurements for any mattress that I plan to use often on the boat !!

Status
Not open for further replies.