Whisker pole

Jan 23, 2014
Hunter H26 Peachland
Could someone send me a picture of how they have their whisker pole set up. My pole is a forspar with a spike on one end. Thx much. Willem

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Attach it to a pad eye mounted on the font of the mast (see photo on right) at jib clew height to attach whisker pole and the outboard end to rhe jib sheet (with the sheet allowed to run freely through the outboard end). To see photos on how it is mounted do an internet search on "mounted whisker pole images" and you find plenty of examples like this the one on the left. Post a photo of your whisker pole mounting on the mast and jibsheet.

1629124656578.png

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Although I don't have one on my whisker pole, I believe the spike end goes through the clew's cringle, rather than attaching to the sheet.(I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time ;)) My pole end has a regular spring loaded jaw with a trip line and it clips to the sheet, not the sail... actually I clip it to the bowline knot's loop that secures sheet to sail. I think the spike would give a very positive, no wobble connection... but may limit the use of the pole for other possible applications. I've used it to rig a foredeck lifting crane, for instance.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Have a forespar whisker pole that inner jaw is on a mast ring, hangs from Spinnaker halyard, run the jib sheet through the outer jaw and have a fore guy line set up to control aft movement. Can furl the jib if wind comes up to much or if you want to stop polling out.
Jeff

20170604_150632.jpg

Last edited: