Whisker Pole Mast Pad Eye Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie

I'm installing a Pad Eye on the mast for the Whisker Pole and am wondering about its'location on the mast. I assume it should be placed so when in use it is parallel to the deck. But I have assumed wrong in the past and am not afraid to ask a dumb question. Thanks for your help, Charlie "Good Medicine"

T

Tom Lukas

Pad eye

As I understand it, its best to have a verticle track so you can adjust the height as needed to keep the pole parallel as you mentioned. Most of the catalogs sell the track and sliding eye. On my 28.5, I made a bracket that fits in the two mast grooves, I attached an eye to the bracket and put a thumb screw on it to keep it from sliding. Havn't had a problem, yet. Tom 87' 28.5

S

Sean Coerse

Mast Eye

On your boat you only have one headsail so the track is not necessary. Attach the pole to the clew of your jib. Pole it out and make the pole parrallel to the deck. mark that position for the ring. If you had a larger boat that used a working jib as well as a 150% ect then you would need the track because the clew for each one of those sails would be in a different position. Hope this helps, I just did it on my H240.

C

Charlie

Thanks for the Info...

Thanks for your input. I did exactly as Sean suggested this last Friday. Worked great for the Saturday race. Came in 4th and still trying.. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.