Whisker Pole for '83 H34

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramsay Selden

I need a whisker pole for my '83 H-34. I am having trouble figuring out what size to get, as 34' seems to be kind of a break point. I don't have a spinnaker--just the furling genoa--and will use the pole for winging the jib out. I sail the boat in the Chesapeake where usually the winds are light, but you can get into 15-20 knots fairly often. Any advice on size or supplier for getting the right one at a good price? Also, if anyone has a used one for some reason, I'd be interested. Thanks! Ramsay Selden

J

Joe Bolm

wisker pole

on my h-34 i have a wisker pole and a spinnaker pole. Both are 3" diameter. I cant confirm the length on either but your welcome to come up and look at both of them. I am on rock creek off of rt. 100 E-mail me at dustapie@hotmail.com I also have a hydraulic headstay adjuster. it might be worth the trip. Joe S/V "Exorcist"

C

Charlie

whisker pole

If you are racing then in order to get 150%J you need the 3inch diameter. However if you are not racing the 2.5 inch diameter only weighs about 15 pound vrs the 35 pounds for the 3 inch diameter pole. I bought the 35 pound 3 inch diameter pole and at my age I wish I had gone with the lighter pole. Fair winds and following seas!

R

Ramsay Selden

Thanks for Responses

Thanks for the responses, guys, and thanks for the offer to look at your boat, Joe! Based on what you have said, and the fact that I won't be racing, I'll go with a 2.5" diameter. Ramsay

Status
Not open for further replies.