While waiting for Spring to spring.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
For those, like me, waiting for the warmer weather so we can get back out on the water again, I offer some video from our sailing adventure to the Keys afew weeks ago. I did post some of these before, but figure some might enjoy seeing the ones I added. Enjoy.....and Spring will be here soon (maybe this weekend!!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SailingwithTheCuscus

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
Thanks!

how were the bugs at so dade maina?
and did you get a visit from the racoons on elliot? -they are big & aggressive!

Sep 25, 2008
Bill, didn't see a bug at S Dade caus the wind was a blowin, but Raphael did warn us to watch out when the wind dies. Luckily we were outta there pretty quickly. The only living thing we saw on Elliott was a park ranger....lol. It was amazing how Sandy destroyed the "boardwalk" on the Atlantic side of the island.

image-3907411281.jpg

Sep 25, 2008
Boats in the water now.....let the 2013 sailing season begin!

image-74331805.jpg

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

i am jelious now, your boats are in the water...

mine needs more work before i can put it in the water.. i still have to attach the mast step and block plate, then rerig all the standing lines, running lines, and attach all the deck hardware before i can take it out sailing.. i have a tone of work to do, and the sailing season is upon us already.... i will be late getting into the sailing this year it looks..

if i had a steady job in an office or factory, then i would have time each day to work on my sailboat... but i work for the railroad traveling on the trains across country all the time... so i am gone from home alot.. which means sometimes it takes me longer to get things done... and i have to wait longer

sincerely
Jess

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I just got the shredded cover off of mine yesterday. Starting butyl tape for windows and buffing this week. Chocks need to be installed and push button for motor. Oh and my tax return predent... a new Lowrance depth sounder and gps. Can't wait to hoist the sails.

chp

Sep 13, 2010
Hunter 280 hamilton
Spring has finally showed up here. Moved the boat from storage to the boat compound. Almost have the hull polished and waxed, mast is stepped, ready to install new traveller. Should be able to get the first sail of the season in another 1 or 2 weeks.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
Hello All

i thought spring was here... several really good days, then the storms moved in, the temp dropped and now it is snowing outside... this is setting back my schedule again.... i just hope i get the time to finish my projects and get my boat in the water by months end... it has been spitting snow all day long...

Sincerely
Jess

Status
Not open for further replies.