While Sailing I and crew sail based on good food.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Rather than flipping him off, I did a 360 degree turn to port, losing my momentum in the process. He could have throttled back and waited until I passed, which would have been maybe a minute or two at most. Yes, the Tillicum is a bit bigger than Belle-Vie, but whatever happened to the rules of the road? Just say'n.
[/QUOTE]
We had a incident like that up here , maybe 20 years or more ago, where the pleasure craft was on autopilot and the ferry refused to change coarse. Ended with 3 dead, 2 survivors and B.C. Ferries being cited for 13 violations of Col. Regs. You just can’t trust those professionals to know the rules!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
"While Sailing I and crew sail based on good food"................we made cioppino with freshly caught halibut from the San Francisco Bay with crusty sourdough bread for 6 last week on our sailboat.

1568039408751.png

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Is Tillicum a ferry operating within her defined route on her defined schedule? I think that would give her RoW.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Likely close, but Harney Channel is pretty narrow with lots of east west pleasure craft traffic amongst the ferries. A couple of years or so ago a ferry ran over and sank a sail boat in this same area. The skipper survived, but WADOT caught hell for it.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I find it interesting that a thunderstorm that is a normal almost daily afternoon event in Florida makes the national news feed when it hits the Seattle area.
Agree Hayden. Lived in Texas for ten years. On a clear sunny summer afternoon, one would look north and observe a pitch black sharp line of a cloud front approaching from the north. You knew what was coming. Everything was calm and nice. When this cloud arrived overhead, the huge cloud bank behind had a green fluorescent appearance. Then all hell broke loose. The night sky lit up like nothing I've ever seen. A constant continuous barrage of huge horizontal and vertical lightening bolts all across the sky followed by deafening claps of thunder. This would go on for maybe an hour at which time the clouds would open up with sometimes a down pour, other times hail the size of hardballs. Rain would come down so hard for so long that the storm drains could not keep up, then flooding followed. This rain would be six to eight inches an hour; a lot of water. Never seen anything like it here in the PNW.