Which sail track stop works?

Jul 22, 2019
Hunter 30 Harbor North Marina
I'm getting tired of fighting the mail sail slugs on the Hunter 30 (1979). Which track stop works best?

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Well, I'm confused...
Are you referring to the main sail track on the bridge deck (attached to the main sheet) or the slot stopper on the mast?

Jul 22, 2019
Hunter 30 Harbor North Marina
I am referring to the stop that installs on the mast that keeps the slugs on the main sail from popping out of the track when the main sail is lowered. Davis makes three different ones. A small/flat, a large/flat and a round one.

Sep 29, 2016
Lord Nelson Lord Nelson 35 3 Full time cruiser
Do away with the stop altogether and make or buy a mastgate. It simply covers the larger slot on the track after the slugs are inserted. It allows the mainsail to be flaked lower and even better not fumbling with a stop to remove slugs to reef.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I am referring to the stop that installs on the mast that keeps the slugs on the main sail from popping out of the track when the main sail is lowered. Davis makes three different ones. A small/flat, a large/flat and a round one.
The three different sizes and styles accommodate the design of the slide. Simply match your sail's slide to the corresponding track stop.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I feel your pain. I’m with joe28532 on this. A gate allows the sail to drop all the way and never comes loose. It screws in place.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
+1 on the mast gate. Have one on my H31 and also recently fixed a Catalina 22 for sailing school who had the Davis style stopper. Mast gates work much better