Which model is this boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2008
MacGregor/Venture 25 Mesa AZ
It is a 23, the only Mac that looks like that. There is a lot of info on the net. A guy, I think Heinzer is his name, on the other Mac board, that writes about his. He has some neat photos posted, but I can't find the link any more. He has tanbark sails. Also there are two headsails on this model and the bowsprit. The hull usually has a yellow gelcoat. By the way, my 1976 Venture/Mac 25 came with the same gelcoat color on the hull originally. It was painted after.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
It is a 23, the only Mac that looks like that. There is a lot of info on the net. A guy, I think Heinzer is his name, on the other Mac board, that writes about his. He has some neat photos posted, but I can't find the link any more. He has tanbark sails. Also there are two headsails on this model and the bowsprit. The hull usually has a yellow gelcoat. By the way, my 1976 Venture/Mac 25 came with the same gelcoat color on the hull originally. It was painted after.

Under all the layers of crappy white paint; my 1973 V224's hull is yellow gelcoat with 2 foot blue letters on both sides that say "Macgregor". White topsides with blue non skid areas everywhere. Ahhhh the 70's.....

She looks right at home being pulled with my 1971 Ford F250 black rust bucket.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I've seen both a yellow and a green hull V23 in person. I think I have seen a reddish one on line.

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
I've sailed the '23. Fun boat but not a lot of room below. Back in the '70's MacGregor offered a wide choice of hull and deck colors. Avacado green, red, blue, yellow, pearl grey and some other I can't remember. Took a lot of maintenance due to oxydation. Freedom's hull is white with a blue sheer stripe and nonskid is light blue and even that gets hot in the Nevada sun. If I had to do it again it would be white, white and white...

Status
Not open for further replies.