Which Marinebeam replacement bulb?

Sep 13, 2021
Catalina Capri 26 280 Lake Jacomo
Hello,
I've seen recommendations on here to use the Marinebeam LED replacement bulbs for the H240 cabin lights. I'm trying to confirm which bulb it is, because there are a couple of options on their site that look like they might work. I've emailed them and called and left a message and they aren't responding. Anyone have any luck with a specific model? Here is the one that looks closest to me:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I haven't worked with them since before the pandemic. They were always very helpful. I've replaced every lamp on Bella with LED versions. They have some nice red/white switching bulbs that work really well below.
I'd say keep trying or check out the SBO store. They can help you too.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
So how comfortable are you about using these LED replacements. The Dr LED site specifically states that these bulbs are not intended for marine navigation use. Do not use for marine navigation lights. The fixtures that I have seen that have LEDs and are USCG approved are pricy.

Sep 13, 2021
So how comfortable are you about using these LED replacements. The Dr LED site specifically states that these bulbs are not intended for marine navigation use. Do not use for marine navigation lights. The fixtures that I have seen that have LEDs and are USCG approved are pricy.
These are not navigation lights - they're overhead dome lights in the cabin.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Two issues with "non Marine" - radio frequency (RF) interference and color, both of which you may accept. Some cheap LED's emitted radio waves that would mess with VHF. Since the total power of these LED bulbs is less than a watt and radiation decreases by a square over distance, it would have a bigger impact for the masthead light than something over 30 feet away in the cabin. The color story is one where LED's have a narrower color spectrum than incandescent or halogen bulbs, so they may not transmit well through the colored glass of your non-white running lights. Honestly I never worried much about the color thing because you are often replacing an incandescent bulb rated with an LED bulb that is two or three times brighter. I can lose some due to color, and still be brighter at two miles out than the incandescent. All that said, I bought Marinebeam's marine quality because they make a superior product that I will never have to replace.

Sep 13, 2021
Two issues with "non Marine" - radio frequency (RF) interference and color, both of which you may accept. Some cheap LED's emitted radio waves that would mess with VHF. Since the total power of these LED bulbs is less than a watt and radiation decreases by a square over distance, it would have a bigger impact for the masthead light than something over 30 feet away in the cabin. The color story is one where LED's have a narrower color spectrum than incandescent or halogen bulbs, so they may not transmit well through the colored glass of your non-white running lights. Honestly I never worried much about the color thing because you are often replacing an incandescent bulb rated with an LED bulb that is two or three times brighter. I can lose some due to color, and still be brighter at two miles out than the incandescent. All that said, I bought Marinebeam's marine quality because they make a superior product that I will never have to replace.
To be clear, I was responding to caverun's suggestion to use the Marinebeams. Those are the ones I used.