Which main to order

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason

Considering purchase of a Catalina in the 35-38' range. Which main to order? In mast furling- less sail area, can it malfunction Conventional- Battens hang up on lazy jacks In boom furling-expensive but maybe the best of both worlds

B

Bill

In mast furling

jason; I recently switched over to an in-mast furling this season......would not leave home without it. In combo with a simple autohelm, you will never leave the cockpit. I can sail to within yards of my slip and furl the sail even while heading off the wind.....marvelous. You won't regret it.

C

Craig Steinkraus

Mainsail

I agree that the in-boom furling may be the best of both worlds. I use lazy jacks myself, and have never had them get caught up with the main battens. If you are willing to exchange the large loss of performance for the ease of handling, then the in-mast system should work for you. Craig Steinkraus " Wings " C-38 #280

T

Tim Leighton

WHICH SYSTEM?

Bill: Which in-mast furling system did you purchase and for what boat? We are looking at 380's for purchase and have found several with in-mast systems. Thanks in advance! Tim L. (S/V "TIDE") TIDETIM@AOL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.