Which A/C should I install?

• Thread starter Murray Heimbecker
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murray Heimbecker

I'm looking at Cruisair, Mermaid Marine Air and Cool Mate. Can anyone suggest which is the better or why I might buy one over the other. Murray

B

Bill Kerr

air conditioner

Full Disclosure: I'm in the A/C business and do sell the occasional marine A/C. Most people seem to buy the cheapest possible air conditioner to put on their very expensive boat. Why are they supprised when it doesn't work? Most A/C pumps are fountain pumps... like you would have in your garden... with plastic strainers and fittings. A guy in my yacht club got a new A/C and the compressor threw a rivet. He got it replaced under warranty... and it quit again. He bought a $1500 air conditioner for an $80,000 boat. He hasn't had A/C for a year. The minimum I ever quote (and I'm not soliciting here) is $2500 for a marine install. For a C36 it would be considerably more. I have a program to calculate BTU load on a boat. I'll be glad to run your boat through it if you like. bkerr@offroadair.com Disclaimer: I'm not trying to sell any air conditioners here... don't take me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.