Where's my hot water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Les Murray

I have a 86 Catalina 36 with the Universal M-25 engine. I changed out the hot water heater the other weekend, but do not seem to be getting any hot water out of the new one. I read somewhere that these earlier models have some sort of bypass valve. Is this the case, and if so, where is this valve and how do I close it? Thanks for the help, Les Murray s/v Ceilidh 86 C-36 #560

W

Walt

Coolant loss

You may want to check to see that you have gotten all of the air out of coolant lines. I've read somewhere about a similar problem with an air lock in the lines carrying the antifreeze. I assume you had to loose some antifreeze in disconnecting the lines. If it doesn't flow through the heater you wont get any hot water.

G

Glenn M

hot water

I just went through this. The system has to be well bled and you won't produce hot water with the engine just idling. It has to be running with a load on it. My bypass valve is just above the sea water intake. The hot water works best when the bypass valve is open a little.

L

Les Murray

Closing the valve did it

I closed the bypass valve and then got nice hot water. Now I just have an issue with a sulfer smell. I need to check into this. Thanks for the help, Les Murray

C

Chuck

sulfer smell from hot water

I had a problem with the smell to. I added bleach to the water tanks and ran off of them for awhile, The smell is now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.