WHERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fireworks

Thanks for your input all. But noone has answered the all important question of Where should I install? on Ped in cockpit, below at nav sta? where will it be usable yet not in the way? I have looked at the garmin 230 and that may be the unit I get but still not sure where to mount. suggestions please!

M

Mike s/v Chute the Breeze

NavPod's

I installed a new offset ped guard and bought a navpod for the 230.. looks great I guess any marine store sells these, I know West marine does Mike

R

Rich Lemieux

I would put a 230 in the cockpit. In our old boat, (Alburg 30) we had it on the cockpit balkhead about 5 feet from where we steer the boat. We have not installed on our new boat (Catalina 36) yet, but it will be somewhere by the wheel. TO Mike s/v Chute the Breeze, What did you use to install your 230? I have been looking but have not found anything. Thanks Rich

M

Mike s/v Chute the Breeze

Rich

I got the Nav Pod for chartplotters I forgot the # but if you want I will get it for you.. I mounted it on the bin guard, I had to buy an offset one so it has a nice angle that is easy to view from the wheel.. OK I found them on page 98 of the 1999 master catalog West Marine..#119763 or navpod# RP41 if I can help with anything else let me know. Mike mosilver@netnitco.net

Status
Not open for further replies.