Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carlos

Okay so now that finally got a faster boat where in the tampa Bay area do I go or who to call to get involve in club racing? Some help would be great!!!

M

mg

bay racing

i had a boat in ruskin at bahia del sol . but saw very little racing there. id try st. pete yatch club . i always saw optomists and such out in front of the pier on saturdays. also apollo beach seemed to have some casual racing once in a while. i didnt go north very often prefering to go south and under the skyway. sadly i moved away in 95 , if you would like to corrospond on the area and related sailing interests, im at mattmansh@yahoo.com best of luck and your are in the garden spot of florida sailing. according to rand mcnally ,tampa bay has the most wind , least rain , and most sun days of anywhere in florida.

M

Mike

Racing - TB

Try this for racing, http://www.geocities.com/manateesailing/ They haave meetings every month at TKO'sha's located at Raggata Point YC Mike can contact me direct mike@webspinners3.com S/V Web Spinner

G

Gerald McCombs

keep her flat

I owned a 23 and it can be wickedly fast, but don't over canvas her because if you don't keep her flat she will slide like crazy.

G

Gary Briand

Tampa Bay Club Racing

Man are you in luck!! The Tampa bay area has a very active club circuit. Treasure Island YC, Passe Grille(SP?)YC, Clearwater YC, St Pete YC, Tampa YC, rotate sponsoring PHRF races. I lived in Pinelas Co from 78 to 82 and loved the sailing there. I'm now on the Indian river in Brevard county and truly miss the longer races out of sight of land that were available in the gulf. There is a broad range of boat sizes. H23 will likely have one of the highest HC's. Passe Grille may be the most economical. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.