Where to slip / anchor for Miami Boat Show

Apr 21, 2017
Beneteau 42 CC Kemah, Texas
I'm moving my Beneteau 42 from St. Mary's, GA to Galveston, TX and plan to layover in Miami to attend the boat show in February. I want to stay in a slip but worried about to cost. I'm willing to pay for decent / good facilities and amenities and don't need it within walking distance to the show. Is there usually a shuttle or bus service - nothing on the website yet.

What suggestions do you have for marinas? Also if we decide to anchor where do you suggest?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I'm guessing that anything you could reserve has already been reserved. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
That's the big leagues there.
You might take a close look at any anchorages around the Watson's Island or one of the other islands there. I saw a few boats anchored off downtown Miami while I was there for a wedding. Kids were swimming there - very cool. I don't know about over night rules. From that location it is a short Uber ride to Miami Beach. Don't know how you'd work out boat to shore transport. Leave a dink in downtown Miami and you might not have it anymore. Take it to the show and there'll be no place to dock - but as we know there's always a place. I think you're going to have to work it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Odds are you will end up ubering from the lower keys or tampa.