Where to look for the used sailboat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Severin

Hi everybody, I'm in the beginning of my search for the used (about 20+ years old) sailboat (in Midwest area, preferably on Lake Michigan), but somehow I feel that I'm missing main sources. All I'm looking so far is BUCNET.COM, some other places on the web and simply waking through several marinas in Chicago area. It looks like BUCNET is the place if you want to buy through an agent and walking through the marinas does not bring a lot of results. I'd say I'm more interested in "for sale by owner" type adds (by the way, I think I'm going to save some $$ going this way, is it correct?). Are there any other places you could suggest? Thanks for the help. Severin.

R

Richard Gresham

yachtworld.com

Its not the "for sale by owner" but at least you'll see whats out there and get good comparisons. And you can create a custom search to fit what your looking for. The only one who saves money in the "for sale by owner deal" is the owner..... Good luck!

J

Jerry

WHERE TO LOCATE USED SAILBOATS

I am going thru the same problems that you are meeting. First, go www.boattraderonline.com and hit on "search" Go to www.yachtworld.com and then go to "Buy a Boat", and then to "Search" Lastly, go to www.soundingsonline.com and then hit on "classified" and then hit on "search" On all of these sites, you can locate just about any boat that is for sale in the United States - both with brokers and without brokers. If you have any further questions, come back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.