Where should this thru hull go?

mytime

Aug 26, 2014
Hunter 2007 Marlow Hunter 33 Middle River, MD
Our first year with our 1994 Catalina 30 and we were out with a heavily loaded down boat (in Cockpit) and a following sea. I noticed bilge pump coming on and water pouring into the bildge. I lifted the port lazarette and noticed 1+ foot of water!
I redistributed weight and pumped out. After further investigation it seems the previous owner cut hose to that fitting and left it lay in the lazarette. Which basically was just a hole in the boat!
Where is it suppose to go?

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
I'm not sure the one you have labeled bildge is the actual bilge. I believe that center throughull is the engine's out take.

I think the one to the left in the picture is the actual bilge outlet...

mytime

Aug 26, 2014
My engine output is facing downward port side (not sure why)...Posted new Pic...

mytime

Aug 26, 2014
I am thinking possibly a refrigerator unit that has been removed?

Oct 5, 2010
Catalina 30 mkII St. Augustine
Our first year with our 1994 Catalina 30 and we were out with a heavily loaded down boat (in Cockpit) and a following sea. I noticed bilge pump coming on and water pouring into the bildge. I lifted the port lazarette and noticed 1+ foot of water! I redistributed weight and pumped out. After further investigation it seems the previous owner cut hose to that fitting and left it lay in the lazarette. Which basically was just a hole in the boat! Where is it suppose to go?
Could it be the propane locker vent. To vent the propane overboard if the tank leaks.

Nov 7, 2012
1978 Catalina 30 Wilbur-by-the-Sea
On mine transom the 3 holes are port to starboard is Manual bilge pump, exhaust, automatic bilge pump.

mytime

Aug 26, 2014
Hvbaker ...not the propane locker that is located above the cowl vents

Garbone... My manual bildge pump appeared to be T'd into my automatic bildge pump that was original equipment on boat

Also on my set up I have 2 separate bildge pumps for redundancy coming out the stern...(not indicated in that photo)

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I'm set up the same way and I do believe it is the propane locker. The other two are labeled correctly.

mytime

Aug 26, 2014
I guess it could be propane vent... now I need to find out where this one is connected too

Attachments