Where should the genneker Wichard folding pad eyes be (B461)?

Feb 18, 2019
Benetau 461 Bremerton
I have recently purchased a 1999 Benneteau 461 with a gennaker. According to Benneteau's documentation its sheets should be lead through a 90mm Lewmar Synchro block attached to a Wichard folding pad eyes somewhere near the winches. I don't have any there (see picture). Should it be attached in the placed marked with the blue arrow? (seems too inline with the winch).
Wintch.JPG
Somewhere else?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Mine are all the way back at the transom. If you look closely at the deck, there may be a smooth spot in the nonskid with dimples for the padeye screw location. (different boat).
The sheets are led all the way back to the blocks at that location, then forward to the sheet winches.
Its likely that your your boat was originally delivered from Beneteau without the genneker gear option.
Welcome to the forum.

Feb 18, 2019
Benetau 461 Bremerton
A person specializing in rigging boat (not Beneteau though) suggested that the hooks to which the bimini is currently attached (the black just above my blue arrow in the picture) are the intended hooks. They are way to the front compared to suggestions above though. If anyone has a picture of their deck with the folding pad eyes, please send it. Thanks.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Here are where mine are placed on my First 310. Aft of the winches with the bitter end of the sheets led forward to the winch for trimming. We are using Harken ratchet blocks for the Spinnaker turning blocks. The "head-knocker" cleat attached to the toe rail is our tack line for the Asymmetrical Chute so it can be adjusted from the cockpit area.
Asym Headknocker Cleat IMG_20170704_094615048.jpg
Asym Tack Cleat IMG_20170704_095625085.jpg

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Mine are aft of the winch but watching this video his are just forward of them. It's around the 4 minute mark