Where is this leak coming from ??

Aug 6, 2019
Catalina 34 MKII Marina Bay
Hi All,

I have been tracing this leak that has me beat at this point. I rebed the port & stanchion. I have a Catalina 34MKI, the leak is on the bulkhead adjacent to the hanging locker. This leak is particularly frustrating because it's really starting to affect the wood. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Attachments

Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
is that Salt on the wood? or just discoloring due to the water.

Water always flows downhill, so it could be coming from across the countertop to that point, it could be a drip from above that hits the counter. Is there a faucet nearby that could be leaking? do you have excess condensation inside the boat that gathers on the countertop and flows to that point. is there any penetration of the hull from above (ie: stanchion, chainplate, wires, etc.)? lots of possibilities, it will be very small and probably not where you think.

Good luck

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the forum @Mermaidvibes . Leaks are nasty. Can you give us a better picture of the area. And what is outside on the deck near the area of the leak.

At first blush it appears to be coming from the countertop. That is possible. But as @vhoisington suggested "probably not where you think"

Leaks can be insidious. But they are not unsolvable. Just need to think like the water and work backwards. Are there any signs elsewhere in the area.

Jun 28, 2012
Catalina 30 San Pedro
I have that same dehumidifier and it has leaked. Move it and see if the moisture goes away.