Where is Marlow Hunter?

JSumme

Jul 21, 2015
Marlow-Hunter e33 Alexandria
By the way, the bigger on-water shows have a great selection of boats. Normally the Annapolis show has a full line of Hunters, Jeanneau, Beneteau and Catalina as well as the other production and custom boats. Its worth the visit.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I wouldn't buy a boat at a boat show
I interpreted (maybe incorrectly) the statement: ". . . have you ever bought a new sailboat at a boat show.", to mean while attending a boat show did you see a boat that you ended up buying. Not sure, if it would be financially possible, or at least practical, to buy a boat at a boat show.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
By the way, the bigger on-water shows have a great selection of boats. Normally the Annapolis show has a full line of Hunters, Jeanneau, Beneteau and Catalina as well as the other production and custom boats. Its worth the visit.
I was at the Strictly Sail show in Miami Yesterday and was also disappointed that Hunter only had their bigger boats on display. They were nice, but not what I wanted to look at. Jeaneau, Beniteau, Catalina, and even Hanse had a better selection of boats on display. This was an on water show at bayside in downtown Miami, and the people at the Marlow Hunter booth said they would have more boats on Display at the Annapolis show. Since I can't make that show, it doesn't help me out.

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
The miami show is evolving into a mostly powerboat show. The exception seems to be catamarans. Some sail vendors are dropping Miami altogether.

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Jeanneau 349 port washington, ny
Lame boat show was lame.
Powerboat show was literally 10 times bigger and had hundreds of vendors.
My kid enjoyed playing on the big leopards.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
As far as West Marine and Defender, I'm not sure why they would suffer the expense of setting up and staffing a show, to have the boating public "Showroom" them and buy from the lowest cost online vender possible.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Interesting. The dynamics of boat shows are obviously changing. I always went to see the gear and frequently brought stuff there (like a set of Quantum sails). I never brought a boat there, but it did influence my later purchases. However, I won't go out of my way anymore since the vendor booths are sparse. Lots of SoCal shows now feature used boats, and more motor than sail. Changing demographics? Better metrics to analyze benefits? I have no idea.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Sailors (as in sail boaters) are aging, moving on to motor vessels and are not being replaced by the younger generation en masse. With the low cost of fuel now and in the foreseeable future and more so with the instant gratification generation (ie iPhones, Xbox's, etc) on our heals, sailing may go the way of the dinosaur. Ergo lots of M/Vs and fewer S/Vs at open boat shows. The sport of golfing is going through similar angst. People not willing to take the time to learn the skills to enjoy a sport.
1. Turn a key (or push a button)
2. Go really fast, and
3. Then move on to something else.
4. Repeat.
What about strictly sailing boat shows, are they not well represented by the sailing industry? I have never been to one. Still waiting for someone in the Oakland area to to invite me down some spring. Nudge, nudge Stu.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
When looking to trade in my 2001 290 Hunter and go bigger with inmast and windlass
and AC for retiring to Florida.
I thought of adding all the above things to my 290 but felt better to go bigger and add the
extra options from the factory with a new bigger boat.
Living in NY went to many New England sailboat shows and was blown away with all the boats at the Miami show and venders also.
I was pretty happy with the amount of venders selling all the great equipment for all type boats and look for new interesting things to make boat more better fun.
I was told it is the dealers that are not showing up with models of Hunters.
I really miss the people that are gone from Hunter that I would call to help with things needing service with my H-36 and they would really help me with questions many times
and always would return my calls and go above and beyond to help.
Nick

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Sailors (as in sail boaters) are aging, moving on to motor vessels and are not being replaced by the younger generation en masse. With the low cost of fuel now and in the foreseeable future and more so with the instant gratification generation (ie iPhones, Xbox's, etc) on our heals, sailing may go the way of the dinosaur. Ergo lots of M/Vs and fewer S/Vs at open boat shows. The sport of golfing is going through similar angst. People not willing to take the time to learn the skills to enjoy a sport.
1. Turn a key (or push a button)
2. Go really fast, and
3. Then move on to something else.
4. Repeat.
What about strictly sailing boat shows, are they not well represented by the sailing industry? I have never been to one. Still waiting for someone in the Oakland area to to invite me down some spring. Nudge, nudge Stu.
My First Mate and I recently (as in a year ago) picked out all the options and ordered a 2015 Bennington pontoon boat for our extended family. It's a sweet ride as far as motor-powered vessels go. I find it to be boring so she and I rarely use it. I plan to sail until my wornout body won't allow it.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Our boat Alchemie was inside the Cow Palace in 1985 when we decided to buy it. We had looked at a lot of other boats before that show and were close to deciding on a Catalina 30. The Hunter 34 had better headroom for me and the Cruise Pak extras sealed the deal.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
Congrats, Rich, She's a beautiful boat! I was trying to figure out where they found all the extra space in only one extra foot - until I looked at the specs - the MH37 is really a 39, 3 feet length and a foot more beam over the 356/36!

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
ditto for us except an MH37