Where is Kermit?

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Last I saw of him was in November, around Thanksgiving. Anyone know where he is?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Frogs legs aren’t a traditional part of the Thanksgiving dinner as far as I know, so the timing is hopefully just a coincidence. @Kermit you didn’t get confused for a turkey, did you?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Hey y’all. I appreciate being missed. And especially the concern for the well-being of my legs.

Y’all may remember that I sold my boat. Yep. Sold it. Done deal. I was spending more time driving to clean it and check on it than sailing it. A *LOT* more time. And when I wasn’t checking on it or cleaning it I was worrying about it. That’s NOT what we wanted out of sailboat ownership. We still have our AquaCat 12.5 but it’s sitting in our yard unused. I still consider myself a sailor but certainly not an active one.

I had my left shoulder replaced 6 weeks ago exactly a year after having my right one replaced. It’s healing nicely and I hope to get released from wearing the sling tomorrow. Physical therapy is going well.

I don’t sign in here unless someone tags me. I am still happy to share my experience with sailing and sailboats if needed. But I’m not kidding when I say my greatest achievement in sailing is always returning to the same slip with the same crew all alive and well. I’m not an expert in anything boating. (My wife says I’m really good at docking, though.)

Thanks for checking on me!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It's good to read another post from you, my friend. Maybe a once a week post in the Funny Friday thread and we'd all feel like it was still the same old SBO we have all come to know and love.

Take care and I'm glad you're shoulders are doing better. Now it will be easier to shrug it all off.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Always nice to hear from you Kermit. Please check up on us once in a while to be certain we have not fallen overboard and lost at sea.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
If you change man for Frog... Could this be Kermit?

Hiding in plain sight....:biggrin:
Ha! I got a bill last year from the hospital for over $82,000. To paraphrase a Little Johnny joke, “I just laughed and laughed. I knew I didn’t have enough stamps to mail that many payments!”

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
It's good to read another post from you, my friend. Maybe a once a week post in the Funny Friday thread and we'd all feel like it was still the same old SBO we have all come to know and love.

Take care and I'm glad you're shoulders are doing better. Now it will be easier to shrug it all off.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Thanks, Will. I’ve found a few good ones on an RV forum. Oh, I’ve found that RV forum participants are just like sailors. . They’re all experts, every one of them is right and everyone else is wrong.
9967CEAF-A45F-4A4D-956F-16ED6B03DC1B.jpeg
618F2260-3124-4474-9AEE-74AC42010F61.jpeg

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
@Kermit , not having shoulders is a pitiful excuse fir not getting out there. Gas up the rv and head west there ol son!

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I never saw the xrays, @Kermit but the fiberglass wrap is water activated. And 10’ of 1” wide strip is something north of 80 bucks. Suddenly West Systems isnt so expensive.
A794BD94-4971-4EF6-94B8-5ADAC4290E89.jpeg