Where is everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

I noticed Catalina have built about 1500 36'rs and 36MK II yet there are very few owner reviews? We are thinking about adding one to our fleet and I would be very interested to read comments on seaworthiness etc etc. Regards

J

Jack

Over 2000 36's have been built.

I have done coastal sailing only in mine and do not think that I would like to subject it to a north Atlantic storm. In my opinion the heavier, slower, more expensive boats are the ones to duke it out with heavy weather in. There are hundreds of these boats on the great lakes where I sail and I don't know of any on the bottom. Surely several have been caught in heavy weather. My experience is that the boat will take rougher weather than I find enjoyable.

T

Tom

I would go to the sailnet site and join the C36

list. There are lots of people actively sailing these boats and loving them. Go to www.sailnet.com. and sign up under the email list for "c36-list" Also go to http://www.catalina36.org/ lots of activitey, articles and reveiws there.

D

David Lewis

What do you think of a Catalina 36

I own a 1983 C-36, have had her a little over 2 1/2 years. This is not my first boat either. We live aboard the "Sweet Lorraine" in Ventura Calif. She sail great, has enough room to "swing a cat" in, and motors around 6.5 knots, I have addded Radar, Dodger, Propane Stove/Oven bow roller. This boat is easily sailed by my girl friend and I, and we routinly sit 8 people for dinner down below, heck you can even squeek another person in at the chart table. If you would like any other questions answered shoot me a note, and/or I can forward a photo or two. Regards, David Lewis Hull #119 david@donlewis.com

Status
Not open for further replies.