Where is everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
Seems real quiet here on c30 forum.

I'm slowly building up my parts and checklist for when the weather warms up a bit. So many things I want to do but lack the funds at present. Although the weather man is predicting close to 60 on Tuesday. Looks like a mental health day coming.

Mar 11, 2010
Catalina Tall Rig/ Fin Keel Deale, MD
I was over to our boat yesterday. The creek is iced over (not solid) and the boat was covered with snow. It's been in the 20's for about a week. Melting snow piled up on the rudder post cap was dripping down into the hull from around that gasket. I have to invent some kind of cover for this and devise some way to divert water from the rear lazzarette drip channels from getting next to the post. I have some sheet plastic in place for the moment. On a sadder note, while poking around aft, it looked like my 1984 exhaust hose is telling me it wants to be replaced. Not looking forward to that gymnastic contortion event. :D

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
I am plotting and dreading spring. I have a ton to do including a haulout. Haul outs where I live are getting trickier and trickier because of scheduling. It is like some marinas don't really care to get your business.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
My marina has a 1/2 off haul out discount in the spring so everyone wants to get booked during that time.

Apr 1, 2012
Pearson 424 Charleston, SC
We're in the deep freeze here in inland New England, 7*F right now. Walked the dogs at 22*F last night and that felt warm!
Getting ready to repair my compression block, just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. I have a couple good ceramic heaters so I think I can keep the inside of the boat warm. I have all of the parts necessary to make the SS screw-jack. This will be my first major repair on the boat so I hope all goes well.
James

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
Spindrift- post some pics when your done with that SS screw jack.

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 mkI Victoria, British Columbia
OK....so we're all damn cold (and up here in BC we're also wet)....but what are people's big plans for next summer? Trip-wise I mean. Thinking about those plans is what keeps me going in January/February.

Jun 5, 2004
Catalina 30 MkII Foss Harbor Marina, Tacoma, WA
...mine is BC. Planning a cruise to Victoria and the Gulf Islands...can't wait. B-T-W...same cold, grey & wet 100 miles south of you.

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 mkI Victoria, British Columbia
...mine is BC. Planning a cruise to Victoria and the Gulf Islands...can't wait. B-T-W...same cold, grey & wet 100 miles south of you.
Sweet! C'mon up!! If you are clearing in at Bedwell, be spot-on with your protocols. I sat at the Poet's Cove Resort patio watching the Customs Dock show for many an hour last year....

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
I think everybody is hibernating right now. I've been super busy at work.
Waiting impatiently & biding my time till spring commissioning. Planning on circumnativating the Chesapeake Bay this spring & summer. Not ready for the round the world cruise yet, but gotta start somewhere!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
....but what are people's big plans for next summer? Trip-wise I mean. Thinking about those plans is what keeps me going in January/February.
One of our sailing club members is organizing a trailer sailor trip to Cape Lookout on the Outer Banks of North Carolina in July. Dang that's gonna be a fun trip!

Jan 1, 2011
catalina 350 Noank
Big winds last few days. Going to the boat once a week just to sit and check it out. No ice in the cove ( all salt ). All seems ok for now. Hoping for some 2-3 day overnights this season. Went to Hartford boat show last week, disappointed in the lack of sail power. Leaving for USVI in2 weeks, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.