Where is Daedalus now?

Feb 3, 2016
Spacesailer 18 Longmont, CO
Awhile back, I rescued a 1995 MacGregor 25, Daedalus, that had been partially sunken in the Tennessee River then placed in a pole barn for a number of years. I cleaned her up, cleaned the tannin-stained sails, changed her trim color, and made her ready to sail once more. I sold her to an individual at Monument, CO, who never sailed her for several, reasonable, reasons. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Daedalus?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If you have the hull number, maybe calling the appropriate state office for boat registration in CO might help you in your search. I think the closest lake is Lake Powell but calling and asking might prove futile given this era we live in now

Feb 3, 2016
Spacesailer 18 Longmont, CO
I found Daedalus. She's on the hard at Monument, CO. She's for sale. As far as I know since I cleaned and serviced her after the rescue from the partial sinking, she's never sailed. Having been the one who did the work, including encapsulating the cast iron keel in preparation for a coat of anti-fouling bottom paint, I personally would certify her as being in top condition and ready to sail. She still has the original rigging setup and currently no motor, so she's kind of "factory fresh" for being an older boat. If anyone out there is interested in a nice MacGregor 25, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the current owner.