Where do I find this part?

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Here is a picture of one installed. A google search came up with nothing similar. This is on the output of my whale bilge pump and the line tee-ing in is from my electric bilge pump. I want to add a 2nd tee in for a smaller bilge pump to get that last 1" of water out of the bilge. Thanks

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If you want to remove that last little bit of water you will have to get a diaphragm pump. The typical bilge pump is a vane pump. Vane pumps won't pump air, so once the bilge is empty the pump stops pumping, the float switch shuts it off and any water in the line runs back into the bilge. If the returned water is sufficient to switch the pump back on, the process cycles endlessly until the battery dies. If the water is not sufficient to raise the float, the water sits in the bilge and annoys the skipper.

Whale makes a nice pump that will clear the water down to about a ¼" but it ain't cheap.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Looks to me like an invention made at the PVC fittings aisle at Home Depot. Seriously, I think that's just some common fittings fastened together.
:plus:

Yep, Phil beat me to it. I was gonna say... "You can find a 1" T barb to thread at Lowes."

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Looks to me like an invention made at the PVC fittings aisle at Home Depot
Sorry to quote the same thing twice but this line kept running through my head (hijack alert). :)

How many collective hours do you suppose the members of this forum have spent in that isle. Lol

Sep 25, 2008
CS 30 Toronto
The best way to get "ALL" the water out is vacuum cleaner.

With shore power (can use inverter):

No shore power:

Diaphragm pump cost $$$$ more.