Where are your USCG numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2004
Catalina 310 Virginia Beach, VA
Looking for a good place to make my 310 USCG legal by using my Coast Guard Documentation Numbers per legal requirement...where are yours?

Thanks

Skipper Ken

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
One set is in cockpit locker near battery bank on hull ... (show those to USCG)

The other set is in Salon inside bench locker on bulkhead wall after you pull bench base drawer out...< I just found it cause I was stringing new wires toward the mast (use to recover/ID "missing" boat)

Attachments

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Squidd, are those stickers? Normally stickers do not qualify as 'permanent' marking as required for USCG doc numbers.

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
They are actually metal plates and will cause damage if tried to remove...

They were in the boat when I got it and the boat has been registered for many years..???

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina 350 Seattle
Squidd, are those stickers? Normally stickers do not qualify as 'permanent' marking as required for USCG doc numbers.
Stickers (Stick on Letters/Numbers) can be made permanent with a coat of clear epoxy covering them and their attachment to the hull.

Good Luck!
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Mine are located on the overhead of the aft cabin. We didn't find them until after we had installed a wooden plaque with the doc numbers in the main cabin.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I know Ron2034 will kill me for both mentioning this AND posting yet ANOTHER darned LINK, but help me understand folks asking about where they can "hide but still see" on their boats. Everyone has a place they can find that suits them. Sure nice to see others' "work" but, gee, this really shouldn't be that hard. :):):) [Trying hard not to overreact...:D:D:D]

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6753.0.html

Enough to make me wanna simply keep my simple state registration...:eek:

Enjoy. And good luck. Let us know what you decide, and please post a picture.

Mar 28, 2010
Catalina C320 Washington, NC
Size?

Starboard settee. Glassed over. Done by the PO.
Are not the numbers supposed to be a certain size? Three inches, I believe, but check to be sure.

My numbers are in the port sail locker....vinyl stick-ons glassed over. To see, just open the locker.

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Yes 3" block letters. I am surprised how many 31's are documented, hard to get the 5 ton requirement in the space we have.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Are not the numbers supposed to be a certain size? Three inches, I believe, but check to be sure..
They are. It's just the camera (iPhone) position in reference to my finger holding the wood up that makes them look extra small! I was too lazy to write them down one day and i snapped a quick shot without thought!

Jan 22, 2008
TUNG HWA FANTASIA 35 MKII Miami, FL
mine are molded in a fiberglass panel glassed to the hull behind a settee and also marked on the compression post. vertical block letters were made with tiny dots punched onto the post.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
In da bilge

in the main salon. Peel on letters, glassed over.

Stew, I love not having the state stickers on the outside, makes me feel old school. :D:2cool::stirthepot::+1::ass::deadhorse::yeah::thumbup::laugh::eek:

FWIW, It is late and I am in an icon mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.