When the boat you want finally comes on the market...

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Over a period of 3 years it happened to me not once, but twice :doh: on the same (make and model) boat. the second one I had the truck loaded with spare tires and tools and ready to head out. when I called to let him know he said it just went down the road 10 minutes ago:kick::angry:. I was a bit pissed on that one as he knew I was coming. but then again I do understand what it's like on the other side of the fence also.
Third time was the charm and I got the perfect deal for me last August. you just have to be patient and when the right one for you comes along it will have been worth the wait. :thumbup::beer:.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Not so here, Brian. In 2002 the admiral told me this is the boat she wanted and I said yes dear. Happiest choice and it remains so. :biggrin:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The admiral loved our boat from the start. That's the secret.
it has happened often with cars though. As recent as twice this year!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
When I sold my last boat I had 2 offers on the same day. Two friends came to look at the boat, both made offers, one was slightly better than the other. One went home as a happy camper. Don't know what happened to the friendship.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Brian, are you looking for a new dream boat? Curious as to what it is.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
let's reframe this picture Brian. all boats are for sale, right now. yep, see the boat of your dreams, start talking a deal. i suggest to you that every boat in every marina is for sale, today.
so don't wait for your dream, go get it.

it's a concept :)

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I tell this story often...

I decided to buy my first sailboat...and found a beautiful 1988 oday 322. Had knots in my stomach after crawling all over her and believing “this was the one”. But the Admiral wasn’t quite ready to give the OK as we had one kid in college and another deciding which school to go to...and we were waiting to see how much it was going to cost...

A few months later, I finally get the “Ok, go buy your boat”. I call the broker the next day and tell him I want to come out on Saturday and I will be ready to make an offer...he says...sorry, sold it last week...for the exact price I was going to offer...I was depressed to say the least.

I bought the next boat I looked at...a very nice Hunter 280. Great starter boat, learned a lot, enjoyed her for 4 or 5 years...but kept thinking about the next boat.

Out of the blue, the guy that bought the O’Day 322 “out from under me” emailed me and said “moved to Cleveland, boat is still in Michigan, make me an offer”.

I told (ok, really asked) the Admiral that I wanted to buy the O’Day 322...and I did not want to let it slip through my fingers a second time.

We bought the O’Day 322, and I was fortunate to sell the Hunter before winter haulout...and all was good in the world.

I still have the Oday and enjoy her very much....life is still good.

DF4C8A41-98A3-48AF-AE3D-3ED79161C823.jpeg

The “Fleet”...Hunter 280 in the foreground, O’Day 322 in the background.

Greg,

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Happened to me with a truck. They stopped importing Toyota Land Cruisers into Canada about 30 years ago. In the early 2000s I found out about a fleet of long wheel base Land Cruisers that had just come available locally. I called right away and the guy on the phone said he had 6 but the last one was just driving away. I felt like the kid in that video.