what's this for??

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
All Hunter 30 owners 88-94 can ya tell me what the 3' or 4' stainless steel tube in anchor locker with 2 3/8 " holes on bracket welded to top is for . It right at bow looks factory but my boat was modified by po and that thing was deleted or not needed So I cannot up load picts right now cat get that to work but will try later but what does it do it's rattling around up there but too long to pull out so I'm gonna caulk it in place till I figure out what it does. Thanks

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Is it possible someone fabbed a tube that fit in the notch where the chain and rode feed out of the locker? Maybe they were trying to protect the deck as the chain comes out?

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
It's in bow like as close to bow as possible the bow fiberglass is almost rounding tube to make it . tube runs from anchor locker to below deck - cabin forward hatch under water tank

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
I am trying to picture this thing. Is the top bracket mounted to the anchor locker's floor? It sounds to me it's some kind of drain for your anchor locker that runs to your bilge to drain your wet rode. My Hunter 30 just has a hole in bow to drain the locker.

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
This is like a 2" stainless pipe 3' long with a flange welded to top I can't see bottom

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Could it have been the support for a windlass or bow anchor cleat?

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
No parallel with bow it will not come out but if it did it would be sticking straight up out of bow

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
How about a hawse pipe to a below deck chain locker? Did PO have all chain rode? Below water tank would get the weight nice and low.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I think it's factory Hunter hoping a 30 owner will chime in
Maybe a furler? My headstay was moved farther forward beyond the bow
I am wondering if it was not a support for the head stay, that was abandoned when the head stay was moved farther forward. what does the deck above it look like? Can you post a picture or two? They say a thousand words, and may give us a better idea.