What's on your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
From a pure Pearson perspective, what's on your mind? What is everyone thinking about this winter? Okay, some of you folks get to sail, but not all of us! :) Just curious how we can make pearsonowners.com better - let me know! Me? I'm airing out my core, thinking about painting the deck, figuring out a good storage spot for gas and propane under my helmsmen seat and looking at my cockpit trim for fixes... Oh yeah, planning a trip from Lake Charlevoix to the North Channel... or somewhere in Lake Huron, who knows! :) You? Dave Crowley S/V Wind Dreamer II P303

Jun 1, 2005
Pearson 303 Robinhood, ME
Me...

Dave... Boats in the yard covered up. To "friggin cold" to do anything out there. Lamenting about a transmission problem that I didn't address properly before the boat left the water. Will probabbly kick me in the *ss all next year. I'll drive her till she breaks... throw the hook... and fix what's broken. Saving money for next years expenses. Might work on the interior teak of my P303 over the winter. Merry Christmas, Rich

Jun 1, 2005
Me...

Dave... Boats in the yard covered up. To "friggin cold" to do anything out there. Lamenting about a transmission problem that I didn't address properly before the boat left the water. Will probabbly kick me in the *ss all next year. I'll drive her till she breaks... throw the hook... and fix what's broken. Saving money for next years expenses. Might work on the interior teak of my P303 over the winter. Merry Christmas, Rich

Jun 1, 2005
Me...

Jun 1, 2005
Me...

Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
Pretty busy, Shorty!

Dave, Can I ask why you're replacing your ST4000? I'm looking at getting an autopilot next year - curious how you decided which to get. Dave

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
Boat Projects

I have tried to post an article on several dozen projects that I have done to our P36-2 in the Photo / Project Forum but can't figure out how to make it work. Has anyone else had trouble with this feture? There is one post there but I can't get it to work and me e-mail to pearsonowners.com came back undeliverable. Any suggestions anyone? Dave

Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
Try this

Dave, Log into Pearsonowners.com Go to 'message boards' (icon on upper left) Then select "Pearson Forums" Then select "Photo/Project Forum" On the lower right hand side you'll see the submission steps If you have any problems, email me. Or click the link and see if that helps. Thanks for your contributions Dave! (Hmmm... lots of "Dave's" own Pearsons... coincidence? :) ) Dave Crowley s/v Wind Dreamer II P303

Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
I feel your pain Dave (rpierpo1)

My baby is under a foot of snow, I could probably check out my mooring by drilling a hole through the ice and looking down and it's dang cold right now. On the other hand, I can ski with my daughter and wife, and practically see our lake from the top of the hill, so what the heck! And if I sailed ALL the time it'd get boring, right? Right? ;) Dave Crowley s/v Wind Dreamer II P303

shorty

Apr 14, 2005
Pearson P34 Mt Desert, ME
Hey, w/o ice

there wouldn't be hockey. We'd be stuck falling asleep in front of baseball games. The decision for the S1G was facilitated by Raymarine. The ST4000 was wandering, a little attention deficit disorder, which indicated computer problems. The wheel drive was also a little worn, not useless. Sent to Raymarine they said no repair but upgrade to reman (basically new) S1 for $850. The wheel pilots are tried & true and that price is hard to beat. I put a "G" on the end of the S1 by adding the gyro compass for another $400 (no discount there)for an extra level of control. A rudder position sensor is also standard w/an S1. Contemplated switching to below deck, not wheel drive, but that is another ~$1500 +/-, more involved install and probably not necessary on a coastal cruiser. So in general, should be a significant upgrade for not bad $$. As long as I don't screw up the install. I put up a thread in Ask All Sailors a couple months ago when deciding. A fellow from Portland area posted a link to a detailed install narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.