what the !@#$%^

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brian

okay, maybe i'm just not seeing the problem here... I cannot get the jib to stop flapping (for lack of a better term) when both main and jib are set. I have tried every possible sail trim combination and moved the fairleads to every different positions in many different wind conditions. this may sound like a dumb question, but is this normal? Doesn't seem to affect performance but is a little annoying It's not really a luffing sound but a very LOUD, constant flapping along the entire leech of the head sail. I did find a very small tear in one of the seams near the head but i doubt that would cause this problem. there is no problem with head sail alone or with the main and 150. any input? If the trim is wrong i don't know how to fix it.....

R

Randy

tension line

On all my foresails, I have a leach line running down the sail, often its hidden behind a velcro flap....a little snug on the line and the flapping goes away...

J

John J.

flapping head sail

Could be a couple of things How is the tenision on your head stay? If this is a older sail, it may be time to have it checked by your local loft. A little refurbishing may solve the problem.

B

brian

thanks

thank you for your advice. will check the forestay tension and closely inspect the sail. may be time to get a new one.....thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.