What sets SBO apart

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
I would like to commend all of the participants to the forums contained on Sailboatowners.com. While we often disagree on a particular subject and engage in sometimes heated debate the one common theme I have observed is a level of sophistication not seen elsewhere. All too often in the information age there is a lack of decorum or civility where the crude and vulgar is a constant theme. Here at SBO the self policing with very little intrusion by the moderators is a refreshing haven composed of people from a cross section of society sharing a common joy. We have one of the most diverse cross cultural groups anywhere and yet moderator intervention is almost nonexistant. Congratulations to all for making this one of the most fun places to share ideas and opinions on the entire interweb. :dance:

Oct 19, 2013
Hunter 30 Ithaca
Ditto.... Plus the wealth of knowledge shared here is amazing... Been so helpful to me as I am preparing for my first season with a 1980 H30 that had been on the hard for the last 3 years that I purchased this past fall.... She splashes soon and I am certain I will have many projects to tackle and am so looking forward to it. I read the postings all the time and have been getting so much more educated about my boat and sailing in general. So, aside from the kudos for the civility, huge thanks for the knowledge shared.... Picture I hopefully attached is of the newly painted bottom in preparation for a launch....

Attachments

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Ditto.... Plus the wealth of knowledge shared here is amazing... Been so helpful to me as I am preparing for my first season with a 1980 H30 that had been on the hard for the last 3 years that I purchased this past fall.... She splashes soon and I am certain I will have many projects to tackle and am so looking forward to it. I read the postings all the time and have been getting so much more educated about my boat and sailing in general. So, aside from the kudos for the civility, huge thanks for the knowledge shared.... Picture I hopefully attached is of the newly painted bottom in preparation for a launch....
Don... missed a spot! ;) LOL

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Nice, just make sure you get plenty of heel so you can show it off. :)

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Yea, there is something in the water here. Cudos to Phil and his merry band of moderators

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
This place is very well done. I like the format a lot too. It just makes sense.

Lots of good people on here. Lots of good advise out there.

Jul 21, 2013
Searching for 1st sailing boat 27-28, 34-36 Channel Islands, Marina Del Rey
All great folks on SBO, wealth of knowledge and patience.

sd1953

Nov 8, 2012
Endeavour 38 Center Cockpit Ft. Pierce
I love the site...
(BTW... Does Phil know that his avatar is not a sailboat???)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Great site ecause of its simplicity and lack of "categories."

Even better is that there is a real life chandlery with great products at great prices.

And great folks posting.

Thanks for providing this site to SBO.