What makes your truck look good?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
You tow with the OB on?

- Will (Dragonfly)
Only the last 13,000 to 14,000 miles or so ;). Towed with the outboard on since owning the boat with no problems and at 74 now the only time it goes on or off is at home when I have a much younger friend that can lift the 90+ lbs. easier than I can.

I towed on the transom the first couple trips with the 8 HP Honda but when we bought the extra-long shaft Tohatsu 9,8 HP I made a new mount that is off the transom and reinforced to it. It raises the outboard a little and moves it back a bit to make it easier to use ....

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor2/outside-25.html

Sumner
===============================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm glad to read that you have reinforced the transom. I have seen some pretty gruesome pictures of caved in transoms from oversized outboards and towing.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
I'm glad to read that you have reinforced the transom. I have seen some pretty gruesome pictures of caved in transoms from oversized outboards and towing.

- Will (Dragonfly)
I only reinforced since I hung the new mount off of it. If the outboard would of fit in the well I would of felt fine with the stock transom on the Mac. I realize that some boats have had problems but not aware of any with this model.

Sumner

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
My favorite truck photo:

We gave my truck to my daughter to drive through High School, she was not thrilled. Figured it was about the safest thing we could put her in. Still surprises me she did not kill the truck in the time she drove it but she did try real hard too. She took a "Fashion Design" class in school and learned to sew pretty well so she decided to make her own prom dress. As we were outside taking pictures of her and her date on the way out I noticed it was the same color as the truck, nobody else had noticed that yet. My wife made her stand in front of the truck to take a picture and her expression was priceless. I send her the picture from time to time and ask her if she still misses her truck that she loved so much she matched her prom dress to it.

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My wife made her stand in front of the truck to take a picture and her expression was priceless.
Now she does make that truck look good. Congratulations! I can imagine how proud you are.
I hope she's a sailor like her dad.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
My favorite truck photo:

We gave my truck to my daughter to drive through High School, she was not thrilled. Figured it was about the safest thing we could put her in. Still surprises me she did not kill the truck in the time she drove it but she did try real hard too. She took a "Fashion Design" class in school and learned to sew pretty well so she decided to make her own prom dress. As we were outside taking pictures of her and her date on the way out I noticed it was the same color as the truck, nobody else had noticed that yet. My wife made her stand in front of the truck to take a picture and her expression was priceless. I send her the picture from time to time and ask her if she still misses her truck that she loved so much she matched her prom dress to it.
And now she and her dress and truck are immortalized on SBO for all eternity!

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I gotta say that I wasn’t too sure how this topic would be received, but in true SBO style, it’s worthy of a smile.

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
The follow up question is whether that good looking truck got a boat wet yet or not? Life is doing its thing with all my free time but soon I'll get in the Mac, get the essential stuff done and get ready to get it wet. And yes, my truck will look mighty fine on that day :)

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
The follow up question is whether that good looking truck got a boat wet yet or not?
Oh yeah, boats have been in for a couple of weeks now, easily the earliest ever.