What kind of hull has the Hunter 25 2005?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Snake oil. Don't waste your $$$. Use it to buy a can of antifouling paint.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Alex;
First I concur with the statements above but the best response, snake oil. This is a fiberglass with divinacell in it which is basically a foam sandwich that will shrink with the resin from the fiberglass which gives the boat hull strength with less weight and allow some flexing. So that may already answer your question. Further, you did not advise what you intend to do with the boat, so the right style paint be added. That would help and where sailing/trailering etc. I introduced this boat for hunter when it was built.

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
Alex;
First I concur with the statements above but the best response, snake oil. This is a fiberglass with divinacell in it which is basically a foam sandwich that will shrink with the resin from the fiberglass which gives the boat hull strength with less weight and allow some flexing. So that may already answer your question. Further, you did not advise what you intend to do with the boat, so the right style paint be added. That would help and where sailing/trailering etc. I introduced this boat for hunter when it was built.
How does a core that shrinks with resin work? Isnt a core used to add thickness to increase stiffness?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Alex 111
If you will let us know what your intent with the boat is, then we can give you a better response on paint as there are a couple of suggestions on trailering but leaving in the water is another. Remember, some ablative paints will dry out after 60 days and the affect of anti fouling basically dries out loosing that protection. Also it will depend where you would be sailing and the best choice of paints, I would check with the locals as to what is best. Hope this helps.