What Kind Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMRTORO

I just purchased an old (1965) Catalina Moptor Boat. I am not sure what type it is. I will describe it, maybe you someone will know. 16' long, Fiberglass, small cabin(4 People), Outboard (Evinrude 50hp). I have looked throughout the internet and have not found any pictures or even the model or correct name. If you can help me, please e-mail jmrtoro@cs.com Thanks

R

Rick Rose

Not the same company

From the articles I've read, the Catalina company that makes the C22s and other sailing vessels didn't start up until the 70s, 1972 I think. They never offered any sort of runabout, either. You must have some sort of "Catalina" model runabout built by another manufacturer.

M

Mike

Rick is right

Frank Butler founded Catalina Yachts in 1970 (not '72, but close enough, Rick). This might seem like a silly question, but are you sure "Catalina" is the manufacturer, not the model? I think Chris-Craft made a line of powerboats called "Catalina" at some point. There you go -- my two cents that's not even worth two cents.

S

Steve C

What Kind Is It

Just a thought, but what about jotting down the VIN from the transom (hopefully there and not hidden somewhere) and running the number through the computer. LONG SHOT! But a new road.

Status
Not open for further replies.