What is this?

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Could it possibly be a high water sensor? Johnson controls makes one like that that is flat and about 2cm x 5cm. Any markings or approximate size? What's the wire go to?

Ingram

Dec 10, 2021
Hunter 26 26 Lake Hefner
look like it goes forward maybe foot or so, in front of the bilge pump. Their a round pod at the end of the wire, maybe old depth finder transducer?

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
One side of that object has countersunk mounting holes for flat head screws. The other side has a fuzzy or brush like surface that covers the entire bottom and the mounting holes. The top side with the screw holes visible has what appears to be two electrical contacts. My guess is that the bottom is velcro or some similar means of attachment to the bilge bottom instead of the screws. The top probably had some kind of snap on device maybe for batteries. Send photo of other end if possible. Love puzzles.

Aug 13, 2021
Hunter 23.5 Atlanta
Was the prior owner a rower? It's a mounting bracket for the Nielsen Kellerman rowing display called the Speed Coach (nksports.com). I'd guess the PO was mounting the NK impeller under his boat to use as a speedometer?

I once had the display unit stolen out of my car by some thief who probably thought he had a pager.