What is this thing?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Sorry for the stupid post, but this thing is on my boat, behind the electrical panel, and I always forget to look at it closely when I'm there. It is probably a component of the Heart Interface Freedom 10 system, but I have never seen an image of it or mention of it in their manuals.

Does anyone know what it is, and what it does? What could all of those little wires at the bottom go to?

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 2.59.59 PM.png

Thanks!

jv

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
If you move th ribbon cable in the left side of the photo, you will be able to see the mfg…something Equipment Company…

I also assume some sort of part of the battery monitor….the far right shows a label saying Amp-Hour Monitor terminal.

Maybe I restated the obvious…

Greg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Thanks Greg. Yea, I'm pretty certain it's part of the Freedom 10 Inverter/Charger system, but I just can't find any documentation on it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks Greg. Yea, I'm pretty certain it's part of the Freedom 10 Inverter/Charger system, but I just can't find any documentation on it.
Not necessarily, jviss. Why? You could have a Freedom 10 I/C without any battery monitor system. Or you could have added a Link 2000 to control the F10 I/C On and OFF inverter and charger functions and monitor battery banks. Or you could have your F10 I/C and an Ample battery monitor. See? Lotsa combinations. But could you tell us if you have a battery monitor? That would help us detectives, for starters. But you're the guy who actually has the boat, right in front of you. :)