What is this port?

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I need to replace the gaskets, screens and lenses on these ports, but have no idea what they are. Pretty sure they are not Lewmar. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
It's a Beckson Newport. Personally I hate them and want to do something different when the time comes. Bomar or Newfound Metals maybe

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I'm updating all my screens to No-See-Ums material and using silicone spray lube on the rubber to dress them like I do for car door seals. I'd really like to figure out a way to also put screens on the forward 4 ports that don't have screens actually if anyone has any ideas.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The name of the Manufacturer should be printed somewhere in the frame. Check Bomar-Pompanette LLC. They have Gray, Hood and other assorted fabricators.

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
If it is the same one that is above the stove, it is a Beckson C-310 CP-26 10 x 4. I replaced mine in 2015 because a crew member turned the close knob too tight and broke it out at the mount. I tried several different repairs, gave up and bought a new one. At the time it was $175. Expensive at half the price.
I'd very much like to meet the engineer that designed it and let him/her know they need another line of work.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Thanks All. Definitely looks like a Beckson Rain Drain (Opening Ports by Beckson or PO310). Since I am not in love with them, just need to repair or replace perhaps I will consider alternatives.

FWIW, it looks like this site carries all the replacement parts I need. Big item is a new lens as one is cracked, but the screens and gaskets are pretty reasonable. Just going to double check the sizes and get them.

But while we are griping I am no fan of the Lewmar Ports and their screens either.

Last edited: