what is the standing headroom?

• Thread starter Anomymous 163294
  • Start date
A

Anomymous 163294

im hopefully going to be getting an 1982 oday 22 and need to know roughly what the standing headroom is ?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
You should instead be asking about sitting headroom. :huh:

I had a Catalina 22, with a pop top and unless it was open you couldn't stand with the hatch closed.

• Ha
A

Anomymous 163294

2 different boats.... i wish people would just answer the question. instead of diverting to something else.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
It's a forum, it happens.
I was going to post the same as @Stu Jackson. Boats of that size frequently will have "Sitting Headroom" listed on their brochures as there is no "Standing Headroom".

You can always do a quick google search to avoid unwanted responses. I just did and easily found one listing it as 4' 4".

If you wish I can skip over your future posts as I don't own an O'day 22, I was just trying to help you get an answer quickly rather than maybe waiting a few days. :biggrin:

Last edited:
A

Anomymous 163294

It's a forum, it happens.
I was going to post the same as @Stu Jackson. Boats of that size frequently will have "Sitting Headroom" listed on their brochures.
You can always do a quick google search to avoid unwanted responses. I just did and easily found one listing it as 4' 4".
thank you for that answer..... and honesty on top . cheers

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I posted an edit the same time you just posted. Not meant to be snarky if it sounds that way.
BTW, I almost bought an O'day 22. Everything I read pointed to them being a great boat. Just too small for me so I went with a 25.
Enjoy

A

Anomymous 163294

I posted an edit the same time you just posted. Not meant to be snarky if it sounds that way.
BTW, I almost bought an O'day 22. Everything I read pointed to them being a great boat. Just too small for me so I went with a 25.
Enjoy
no need to skip over my future posts. lol. i think i will be happy with the 22. better then the 20 i was looking at. anything bigger will not fir in my driveway.

A

Anomymous 163294

btw. my profile pic is the 22 im getting
i am trading it for my starcraft 1974 chieftain 18 with a 91 merc 115hp on it

A

Anomymous 163294

well it should be here this weekend sometime. will post more when it gets here. thanks for the replies

Feb 26, 2004
2 different boats.... i wish people would just answer the question. instead of diverting to something else.
I was trying to be courteous by answering your question after a day or two of no answers. Sorry it didn't work for ya. I'm guessing others were laughing along with the rest of us. :)
But really, how much different could two 22 foot boats be in answer to your interesting question? The reason I answered was that your photo showed a boat remarkably similar to a C22. If it was an 18 or 20 it still looks similar, and O'Day made a lot of copycat Catalinas. :banghead:
Back to your usual programming, good luck. It's easier to be nice & kind.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I have sailed on an O'Day 22, there is no standing headroom, it is kneeling or crouched over.

The only 22 foot boat that I have heard of with standing headroom is a Flicka 20

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
The only 22 foot boat that I have heard of with standing headroom is a Flicka 20

My Jeanneau 23 has 5' 10" headroom which suits me being 5' 8". Sure it's only in a small area just in front of the companionway, but it's nice to be able to stand straight for dressing, cooking, etc. The rest is about 5' 7" which is fine for my wife.

Feb 26, 2004
My Jeanneau 23 has 5' 10" headroom which suits me being 5' 8". Sure it's only in a small area just in front of the companionway, but it's nice to be able to stand straight for dressing, cooking, etc. The rest is about 5' 7" which is fine for my wife.
Isn't 23 > 22?;)

A

Anomymous 163294

ya a 23 Jeanneau is a completely different boat all together from an oday 22. wierd or what? anyways its gonna be here at around 12:30 today. will keep you all posted. and again thanks for the numerous responces..... i like the funny ones best. you know who you are. lol (now if i could only change my user name to 1982oday22) hmmmmmmmm?

A

Anomymous 163294

well shes home. came yesterday around noon. and shes not a 1982. misleading information from po and his ad. i did a hin search and found out shes 1975. in very great shape. no soft spots at all on deck or cabin sole wich is nice. the boom , mast and 6 hp mariner are in great shape. the sails also come with it. 3 of them. i have not taken them out of their bags yet. but from what i see they are in good shape just by looking in the bags. i have yet to inspect the rigging.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
well shes home. came yesterday around noon. and shes not a 1982. misleading information from po and his ad. i did a hin search and found out shes 1975. in very great shape. no soft spots at all on deck or cabin sole wich is nice. the boom , mast and 6 hp mariner are in great shape. the sails also come with it. 3 of them. i have not taken them out of their bags yet. but from what i see they are in good shape just by looking in the bags. i have yet to inspect the rigging.
Great! But how much headroom? Inquiring minds want to know. :biggrin:

A

Anomymous 163294

i know its funny Ward, but sitting is ok. so its not too bad.