What is the best spinnaker for Catalina25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marc Gleichert

My father in law has a Catalina 25. I'd like to look at getting him a spinnaker, but don't know what I want. It's a 15 year old boat, and he bought it used w/out one. Any advice. Thanks Marc

M

Michael McCann

C25 Spinaker

Marc; Does your father inlaw sail by his self, or with other experienced sailors? Has he sailed with a spinaker? have the other people that sail with him sailed with a spinaker? Is his boat rigged for a spinaker? Is he losing races to other boats with spinakers? Does he want a spinaker? Is his C25 a tall rig, or standard? You could fly a spinaker for a standard on the tall, but you might not want to fly a spinaker for a tall on a standard. A spinaker is sized for the boat, so you will need to either talk to a sailmaker, or a store that knows what boat it is for. Or are you really asking, cruising spinaker, or real spinaker?

T

Tim S.

C25 Spinnaker

If he is looking for a racing spinnaker, it is best to go to a sailmaker that is familiar with that boat and the area he is sailing. If you want a cruising Spinnaker, you can get a great one through this site. A cruising spinnaker doesnot require a pole or other hardware associated with a Standard Symmetrical spinnaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.