What is the angle of the transom on the 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2006
- - Brooklyn, NY, USA
Does anyone know the angle of the transom on the 25? I need a new (lifting "auxiliary") motor mount for my 9.9 outboard 4 stroke Yamaha, and the current set up has never worked properly. Unless anyone has a better suggestion, I am going to have to spring for a new motor mount, but I want to make sure the mount we buy will adjust enough to fit the back of the Seidelmann 25. Does anyone have a better solution? Currently, ours is setup with a metal shaft that runs straight through the transom and is held in by a mass of fiberglass (under the cockpit, in the lazerette). That has a flat mount welded on, "t" shaped. then a spring loaded rising mount is attached to that. And finally the engine on that. It has developed a lot of dangerous flex, reversing is scary (the motor lifts 4-5" out of the water), and it doesn't lift the prop fully out of the water either. Thanks, Bill Daria moree@moreephoto.com

Apr 3, 2007
Seidelmann S25 Greenville SC
What's on mine

There is a V shaped (from the side) brace on mine that is attached to the transom. It is adjustable via bolt holes to change the angle of deflection. A standard motor mount is bolted to this frame.

Mar 12, 2006
- - Brooklyn, NY, USA
Does anyone else have this outboard mount?

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same outboard mount that came on our S25. Ours has an aluminum vertical mounting plate, held out from the rear of the transom by a 1.5" square aluminum shaft that runs into and through the transom, sliding into a "receiver", a metal female piece (not unlike a trailer hitch on the back of a pickup truck) That female receiver shaft is held into the transom by a wrap of fiberglass, directly under where the backstay attaches inside the lazxarette. I don't know whether this was a stock factory solution or someone's later addition. Our problem was that this whole assembly has cracked and come loose. This had been giving us some cause for worry last season, but motoring in to the marina last fall to take the boat out for the season, the winds were 25 to 35 mph, and trying to manuver in reverse the entire 9.9 outboard rose up out of the water (at least a foot), and I thought the entire engine and mount was headed for the bottom. So we are looking at other ways that people have their outboards mounted to the smaller Seidelmanns, and need to construct something new. Any suggestions on what has worked, or not worked? Thanks Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.