What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2009
Catalina 30 Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard
I am slowly restoring my 1979 C30. I thought at first this was a deck cover, but now I'm wondering if it goes over the boom?? or?? Does anyone know what this is for? :confused:

Thanks

Attachments

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Yeah, and the sewn in long pockets are for some sort of frames. I've used 1 1/2" PVC. Stiff folding FG tent bows might work. long battens too but pricey. these frames keep it up where it doesn't block movement, wind or visibility. Looks good too.
Need to protect the mainsail and cover from chaffing with rags or old towels as the tent (it's called a boom tent) will move around some.
Should be a d ring or 3 sewn in the top to sling it from the main halyard and grommets for running lines to the lifelines.
These things are fantastic when not using the main for shade/rain protection in the cockpit and keeping things cooler below.
I don't have one for this boat, yet.

Apr 5, 2010
Catalina 27- 1984 Grapevine
It looks like the cockpit cover that came with my boat. the hole is for the mast.

May 3, 2009
H Cherubini 37 Madisonville, La., Pontchartrain
Cover?

Actually looks like the boom cover when using lazyjacks on mainsail and holes for the mainsheet and boom vang? just sayin'.

Apr 5, 2010
Rivit's probably right, that would explain the extra hole sewn in. Hell, two years later I still have "what is this" items on my boat. I think when I sell mine I'll throw in some totally unrelated items scattered around just to cause'em to wonder.

Nov 5, 2014
lockley-newport 23 sarasota
how about trying to contact the PO and see if he knows, or if he just did what 'shipwreck66' threatens to do when he trades up, down or out!!

Dec 1, 2011
Catalina 1984 C30 Tall Rig Bow Sprit MD
Rivit's probably right, that would explain the extra hole sewn in. Hell, two years later I still have "what is this" items on my boat. I think when I sell mine I'll throw in some totally unrelated items scattered around just to cause'em to wonder.
I have that, along with the last ship's inventory which lists articles yet to be found.

Apr 5, 2010
No doubt the unfound articles are stuffed down in the hidden bilges somewhere awaitiing the day when you will crawl headfirst down there looking for that tool you just dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.