What is it? Toilet supply line...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I should know this but still unsure. It's inline between the raw water thru hull and the toilet. It has a cap. I open it and see water, but that's all. No labelling. Is it a filter? Check valve? Just wondering if it needs to be serviced or if it's a consumable part that should be replaced regularly. Thanks.
Off season work has started...

20201106_135636_resized.jpg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
It looks like a place to add some sort of holding tank treatment. I seem to recall that many years ago some tank treatments were in the shape of a pill that dissolved in the effluent. This could have been a holder for the pill.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Maybe a port to winterize the head.

put a hose on there, and pump AF through the toilet water system.

Greg

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
On the lid, reads "Toilet Treatment" .. A little tablet went into the holder under the lid and when feeding water to the head, the water would pick up some stuff before going into the bowl..

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Well that's clever. I'll take a look at the cap next time I visit Bella. The POs never used raw water. They kept the valve closed and poured a treated mixture in after they used the toilet.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
On the lid, reads "Toilet Treatment" .. A little tablet went into the holder under the lid and when feeding water to the head, the water would pick up some stuff before going into the bowl..
"Inline treatment" cartridges installed in the toilet intake line were all the rage in the 80s and into the 90s as the solution to odor from stagnant sea water in the intake line, pump and channel in the rim of the bowl. Replacing the cartridge was often a messy job that left blue or green stains everywhere, most of 'em didn't work very well and/or were nasty chemicals that interfered with tank products...and replacement cartridges were expensive even if the purchase wasn't 'cuz they required frequent replacement. A new one crops up on the market every now and then, but most of 'em died out quickly for all the reasons I just named. So unless the empty cartridge interferes with bringing in flush water, I'd just leave it there. If stagnant sea water is a problem, relocating the intake line--minus the cartridge--to tee it into the head sink drain line only costs the price of the tee and solves the problem.

--Peggie

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
I learned something about stinky stagnant water on my set up. After I close the seacock I set the pump in/pump out lever about halfway. That seems to let the gas escape. I say seems, as I am not 100% sure of this but it does seem to help.