What Gen 3 Anchors fit H38 bow rollers?

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
I'm looking to upgrade the ground tackle on a 2007 H38.

What gen 3 anchors (rocna, matus, manson supreme etc) fit well on the bow roller?

Any gotchas?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Is that for a Huntet 28 or 38? I had a 45 lb Manson Supreme on my Hunter 386. Minimum chain is one boat length. Use G43 chain and warp diameter matches the windless gypsy.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
Go to the anchor manufacturer of your choice, and get an anchor rated for your o/a length and weight. If you need to change the bow roller (I did, for a Rocna on my H36), sailboat owners dot com will either sell you a stock size roller or mill a custom one for you. Fit the gear to the anchor, vs the anchor to the gear. And while you are changing the anchor, make sure that your chain/rode combination works with your anchor of choice, and windlass gypsy.

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
I have the Mantus 45lb on our H38. Fits, but you have to "help” the anchor for lowering. The end of the shank touches the furler drum on going down. Not a big problem. Going up no problem.

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
Only one definite response so far (thanks @senang). Does anyone else have either a Mantus, Rocna, or Manson Supreme on the stock roller on an H38 (or I suppose 380/386 I think the roller is the same)?

Any of these three anchors in the 45lb size is adequate for this vessel and are priced more or less the same, so if one fits better than others, or doesn't fit at all, that makes my decision simple.

Cheers