What exactly is a slide-out galley ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave West

I have recently bought a MacGregor 25 and it came with an original slide-out galley. The problem is, I can't see much utility to it. Here are a couple of questions: 1. How would you use an electric burner? Is this for shore power only? Wouldn't an alcohol stove make more sense? Or how about propane? 2. There is a sink but no lines for freshwater or used gray water. What do other owners do? install a reservoir under the counter? Install a water bladder under the cockpit? Plumb in a gray water container under the sink? 3. Should I throw it out and start over? The cabin is fairly small and I really don't see any good place to put in a galley area. If anyone could help me with the answer to even one of my questions I would be greatful. Thank you in advance, Dave West

T

Tom

Slide-Out Galley

I have a '83 Mac25, it sounds like the previous owner of your 25 made some changes. First there should be 2 'water tanks' laying in the bottom of the galley, each are a couple of gallons, one for fresh water, the other for the sink drain. My 25 has a propane stove for use with the disposable tanks. Works real well. All-in-all it's not a bad setup, but not very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.