What do you say to a neighboring MY running his engine for hours?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh you Crazy DAVE.
They have outlawed the use of guns in Canada... They inspect all foreigners sailing across the border and send those packing - packing....

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Call Sargent Preston of the Northwest Mounted Police......I think that was the correct name of the Saturday morning program back in the day. I can't remember the name of his lead dog. The good guys always won and there was no blood!

Glad the situation was amicably resolved. "Kinder, gentler...…" or "Put a little love...…"
The name of his faithful dog was “King”.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Very nice.
Never know when someone is being obnoxious or just doesn’t know better. In this case sounds like they were just plain newbies who were frustrated. In the end they will probably be buying you the beer:beer:
I was relaxing on the upper deck of a friend's big motorboat. He was relaxing down below. When the engines fired up, I assumed that he was doing some kind of maintenance. After a minute or so I tore myself away from my horizontal orientation to go see if I could help. Right at that moment he yelled up and told me to shut the engines off. (The boat has control stations outdoors and indoors.) At that point the conversation got weird, because neither one of us had turned the engines on and both ignition keys were in their off positions. It took us a while to figure that one out. Luckily, we were anchored far away from other boats and it happened during a between-guests day.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
From an experience years ago, same situation except the boater was overcome by his own fumes. He collapsed outside of his boat and was taken to the hospital. Never hurts to do a welfare check.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Yeah, I have a dockmate who goes at problems in an aggressive way. I knicknamed him “The Sheriff.” He came at me once for some perceived infraction. I stood up to him and told him to speak to for himself and to back off! I think he respected it. We are good now. I broke the thin layer of ice later that same day by joking with him.
I will go over and ask if someone needs help. My neighbor was having problems tying up next to my boat, so I went over and asked if I could show them a few thing. They were relieved to get some help. Made a new friend!

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Whatever you do don’t put on scuba gear and grab an auger and swim over.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks again for all the good ideas.

That boat is now GONE. Unless he took it back to a different boatyard. I could check with the marina, but I think I'll just go sailing for a few days instead. :)

We'll see what happens when I get back on Saturday or Sunday.

It's soooo blessedly quiet... :) All I can smell now is my own burned toast!

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
One word: CLEAR!
IMG_0645.JPG

Sellers claim it will shoot a golf ball through a telephone poll.

(and yes, of course, for those without a sense of humor - I'm kidding)