What are the differences, Mac 26 Tattoo 26?

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
Third here.
I'd like to hear from new owners what the differences are in the "new" boat vs the 26M. Other than cushion color choices.
Also interested in the new Tattoo 22. The pictures on the Tattoo sight are kind of lacking in detail. (How does the DB of swing keel work on it?)

Oct 6, 2009
Custom Bluehull Kennesaw, Ga.
The Tattoo is being introduced at the Maryland Boat show this weekend, maybe someone will post some pics.

Yosi

Apr 22, 2012
Unsure Unsure Florida
Looks like they switched the location of the ladder. Not sure why, but now the ladder is right next to the ballast valve. I can foresee articles of clothing get stuck on the valve on the way down or up and either operating the valve unintentionally or exposing body parts unintentionally. Can be a good or a bad thing, depending on the result and whether you are doing the exposing or the viewing. YouTube moment?

Oct 6, 2009
Custom Bluehull Kennesaw, Ga.
The ladder was moved so when boarding from the water you don't step on or trip over the steering leakage. You would have thought they would have displayed it with a lot of the upgrades and accessories ??? This one looks plain jane :confused::confused: The Macgregor form web site shows some inside cabin pics.

Yosi

Apr 22, 2012
Unsure Unsure Florida
Sully, linkage and through-hole for power was moved to starboard as well, causing this problem. On mine, all utilities (linkage, power, ballast valve) are port side, so ladder is clear on starboard side.

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
What, youre supposed to wear clothes when your on your boat ??. This thing looks identical to a 26M from what I can see.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I don't think I'm so keen about the black stripe removal. It looks much narrower from the front now.

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
Rudders are in recesses...is that how the brackets are mounted on the M? Also looks like they may have rounded out the back end from the pictures...may just be pics

Dirko

Jul 15, 2014
Macgregor 26M Wabamun
The 26M has rudder recesses as well. The Tattoo rudder recesses look to be unchanged from the Mac. The depth from the bottom of the cockpit seat looks to have increased though, unless it's just the photo stretch. Would be handy - I'm running a Nissan 70 on a 26M and the motor head hits the bottom of the captain's seat when it's fully raised.

Dirko

Jul 15, 2014
Macgregor 26M Wabamun
The 26M has rudder recesses as well. The Tattoo rudder recesses look to be unchanged from the Mac. The depth from the bottom of the cockpit seat looks to have increased though, unless it's just the photo stretch. Would be handy - I'm running a Nissan 70 on a 26M and the motor head hits the bottom of the captain's seat when it's fully raised.
I put a Nissan 70 on my 26M recently, but noticed water coming out the upper exhaust port, as well as through the pee hole. Is this normal?

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
Does everyone like the name tattoo? It congers up images in my mind of an old retired guy....but that's another story. Guess they did market research and determined that this name would boost sales... I dunno...

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
Jeff, the name is a reference to the British name for an army unit...a tattoo... they are Scottish or something...(MAC Gregor) ;)

May 19, 2014
Tattoo 26 Brookville Lake, IN
As a military man ( Air Force, 26 years) Tattoo is perfect. A military tattoo originated centuries ago, we think in Belgium as a signal for the inn keepers to "turn off the taps" and send the soldiers back to garrison. Tattoo in more recent times have evolved to be a re-gathering of our warriors back to the base and get ready.