What a beautiful morning- sitting on front deck soaking up sunshine in 65 degrees and listening to two neighbors mowing

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
This coming week's forecast looks pretty reasonable, at least until Friday, so intend to spend some sailing time around the islands. Sail Plan at the moment, drive to the boat tomorrow and head north out of the channel Monday. Perhaps Friday Harbor on Tuesday for a Haley's hankering.

Need to take some videos of engine cooling water discharge for Keith, one at idle and another at 2,000 RPM. He has an overheating situation on his sister boat that he is trying to resolve. Gave him some suggestions, so will see how it goes.

Finally got the bill from Cummins Marine for the Genset repair work; almost half a boat buck. Sheesh! Well at least we're back in business. Can't take it with you, eh?

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Pouring rain along the coast...meanwhile 60 miles inland 12" of snow. Very odd winter. Normally we'd be getting snow as well. My front lawn is greening. As a rule we do get a January thaw... but it needs to get cold before it can thaw... who knew ???

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
was just being silly. sorry to here of your boat and shoulder. hope both get repaired soon charlie

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Boat still damaged from Hurricane Harvey, and my shoulders stilll won't let me repair. Covid screwed up elective surgery
I get my right shoulder repaired on 1/25... the left..eeh who knows.. I'll gladly give up the ski season in favor of the sailing season...we launch in 115 day 16hrs 12 minutes.... but who's counting?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
A little snow for me this morning, not enough to drag out the snow blower...

But about time for my annual trip to Maui!

2DAEB69E-6512-4CB2-8753-B4978FAE3D1F.png

Greg

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Went out solo Thursday. 9 to 11 knots true wind from the west. Going about 8 to 9 kts SOG on a broad reach with about 1 kt of current aiding. Sunny and a beautiful day to sail at about 62 degrees with side windows of the enclosure on. Nice days this time of year are some of my favorite times to go out for a solo day sail. May try to go out and anchor off Monkey Island next week to see if they come down to the beach (yes, we have an island with free ranging monkies on it - Morgan Island is its real name). Right across from where @B757Captain is fixing up his Hunter.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
No, but I had at one time hoped to be buried in a casket filled with fresh $20.00 bills. No ways that's happening now :tongue:.
HAH! Such a comedian. Pharaohs used to do that, food, jewels, etc., for their afterlife. Might just work. We all find out some day.

Pussy Willows beginning to show, Red Wing Black Birds coming through on their trek north.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Warmish Santa Ana here in So. Cal but w/o strong, or even much, winds today or yesterday. Motor sailing only. Hanging on a mooring in Newport Beach Harbor tonight. Very nice. Blue skies all day; orange-red sky this evening. Bakers in the oven; steaks going on the grill in about 10 min. Listening to Sirius XM Bluegrass Junction. Got the Sirius program app on the android phone. Bluetooth function there talks to my newish (2 yr) stereo aboard. Seemingly limitless options for music.:)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Warmish Santa Ana here in So. Cal but w/o strong, or even much, winds today or yesterday. Motor sailing only. Hanging on a mooring in Newport Beach Harbor tonight. Very nice. Blue skies all day; orange-red sky this evening. Bakers in the oven; steaks going on the grill in about 10 min. Listening to Sirius XM Bluegrass Junction. Got the Sirius program app on the android phone. Bluetooth function there talks to my newish (2 yr) stereo aboard. Seemingly limitless options for music.:)
Yeah, weather has been great over at Cat Harbor, which is where I am now. Supposed to blow like stink on Tuesday, though!

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Supposed to blow like stink on Tuesday, though!
Yeah. I saw that on that on Windyty. I assume that you did not come down with the contagion during your quarantine! Bless us! We’re getting through it all.:)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Yeah. I saw that on that on windyty. I assume that you did not come with the contagion:yikes:. Bless us! We’re getting through it all.:)
Well, as far as I know I'm perfectly healthy. :) But I have made sure to be fully supplied so I'm not going into the store nor will I need to be around anyone else. Just staying on the boat or hiking ashore all by my lonesome. Lots of wide open space here.

Lots of boats came in today on the Isthmus side. I was monitoring the VHF and it was really hopping this afternoon. Most were for one or two nights. I'm planning to head home Thursday if the Santa Ana event has blown itself out. My little baby boat is on a mooring for a 40 footer. The wind may get gnarly, but as you know there will be little fetch back here.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Lots of boats came in today on the Isthmus side. I was monitoring the VHF and it was really hopping this afternoon. Most were for one or two nights.
Might explain how we were able to get a two-night can (reciprocal) here in Newport! Also busy in here, but nice.:)

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
It was just a year ago we looked forward to our trip to the Big Island.... How times have changed in 11 months.
Yes...I was on Maui last February and Covid-19 was just hitting the news...no way did I imagine what the next 12 months would be like.

Greg