Wet Galley Floor

Apr 9, 2014
Hunter 33 Davis Island, Tampa
We have a 1992 Hunter 33.5. I believe we have a leak coming from our ice box, as the floor in the galley becomes very wet when we use our ice box. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix ice box leaks? Another strange thing we noticed (we bought our boat recently) is a black plastic piece on the galley floor that appears to be glued to the floor (see pictures below). Does anyone know if this is original on the Hunters, or what its purpose could be? Not sure if we should try to replace it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The cooler should have a drain hose to direct water into the bilge, maybe it is plugged or busted. That black pad seems to be one of those for people who stand to long in place so that their feet not get as tired. It looks like the PO did a bad job of gluing it in place. It looks like the wood veneer is missing as it probably got damaged by the leaking cooler. If the cooler is cracked I would convert it into dry storage and use a portable cooler for food and drinks.

Jan 24, 2010
Hunter 33.5 San Pedro
Our '91 33.5 also has the black pad. Seems to be original. We choose to plug the ice box drain and pump out the water when we return from a trip because I hate to dry out the bilge.

A hand pump or shop vac works very well.

tcbro

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 33.5 Middle River, MD
The galley floor came with a brown tile-like mat with a pattern of approx. 1" diameter raised circles. We also have this material in the aft cabin.

Tom