Westpoint Harbour VS. BCDC

Jan 22, 2008
Islander Freeport, 41 Ketch Longmont, CO
Sailors,
First, I apologize if this is not the proper place to post this and will promptly remove the topic if asked.

I dock my boat at the one of the newest and arguably one of the cleanest marina's in the SF Bay area, WestPoint harbour. This marina was built on reclaimed land and has in my opinion added significantly to the environment by adding new wetlands as well as a "clean" harbour to dock our boats in the south bay. The owner spent considerable amount of money over a long period of time both to build the marina and to ascertain that it would be the standard by which future marinas could be measured by.

While winning awards and meeting all of the many requirements put forth by federal, state and local authorities, one agency has decided that its mission is to shut down any and all development around the bay and has decided that Westpoint harbour is one of its targets. With no oversight from any other agency or entity and somewhat arbitrarily from my view, they are trying to fine the marina over $500k for various things which in many cases are in direct conflict with direction from agencies like the USCG or Corps of Engineers.
Please take the time to review the material on this web page: https://www.change.org/p/12906268/u...8641246&l=32_HTML&u=45996317&mid=7259882&jb=1

If you support Westpoint, please feel free to "sign" the petition.

Again, I apologize if this is not appropriate for this site but supporting our marina's and fighting against arbitrary and unjust enforcement actions just because you can is not something I can support.

Thanks,

Captain Victor Hoisington
S/V Desiderata
West Point Harbour,
Redwood City, CA