Westerbeke 27, cooling loop to the Hot water heater

Dec 17, 2011
Sabre 34 Mk I Cedar Creek
Having fits with the yRd or this repair. The engine part does not show on Westerbeke parts diagrams or on any sales material. The boat is a Sabre 34 mk1. The belief is the gasket is leaking but the vendor the yard found has not delivered the parts. Anyone with similar issues and what was your solution?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
i don't understand the question at all. What gasket? How is it related to the loop to the water heater?

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Do you mean it is leaking where the engine coolant is going into the water heater?

If so, the water heater is not a Westerbeke part. If you need a gasket for the water heater check the water heater maker's information.

Dec 17, 2011
I guess I should have been more descriptive. The rear of the exhaust manifold has an accessory that directs coolant via a loop to a fresh water tank. The part is bolted on to the manifold above the heat exchanger. Sabre yatchs built in the 80’s which have a pressure hot/cold system will surely have this as, (I assume) other boats with Westerbeke engines. There is a coolant leak around a gasket at the connection to the manifold. If anyone has dealt with this problem, I like to hear how or. Who they received parts from. Westerbeke is not the supplier.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Sabre crushed all their fiberglass sailboat molds when they went strictly power. But there are still boatwrights there with the knowledge you may need. You may want to reach out to them in Casco, Maine

Dec 17, 2011
Getting fed up with the yards solution. Will take matters in my own hands. Only issues is if I screw it up it’s all on me.